If you want to shred fat fast, try maximizing your workouts with these advanced metabolic bodyweight and HIIT sessions that burn 1000 calories or more!
I’ve compiled 6 advanced workout strategies you can use to help you achieve advanced results. This is of enormous benefit for most people who are probably using only sub-par cardio workouts that only burn around 500 calories and boost the body’s metabolism for just 4-6 hours
These metabolic workouts will burn 1000 calories and, best of all, enhance your metabolism and ability to digest carbs for up to 48 hours! Here they are:
1000 Calorie Workout #1: Battle Rope and HIIT
Don’t let this workout’s short duration fool you. Battle ropes are one of my favorite tools for a quick and effective HIIT workout that will leave you tired yet satisfied.
You’re sure to enjoy this one, and your physique will thank you later!
- Double Arm Slams: 3 x 30 seconds with 60 seconds rest
- Alternating Waves: 3 x 30 seconds with 60 seconds rest
- Double Arm Slam Jump: 3 x 30 seconds with 60 seconds rest
- Double Arm Circles: 3 x 30 seconds with 60 seconds rest
- Alternating Waves: 3 x 20 seconds + Double Arm Slams: 3 x 20 seconds (perform back-to-back)
- 5x 60 second Spin Bike or Stationary Bike Intervals / HIIT with 90 seconds rest
- 30 Minutes High Intensity Cardio on any machine.
1000 Calorie Workout #2: Stationary Cycle HIIT, Abs + Cardio
Stationary Cycle HIIT is easily the gold standard when it comes to practising HIIT.
This is largely because the resistance is easily adjustable and the nature of the movement is low impact. Stationary HIIT on a cycle is sure to leave you lean and in shape.
This is then followed by some killer ab circuits and high intensity cardio.
- 10 x 30 second sprints with 60 second rest
- 4x Ab Circuits, 15 reps of: Hanging Leg Raises, Decline Sit Ups, Side Twists, V Crunch and Med Ball Twists with 120 seconds rest in-between
- 30 Minutes High Intensity Cardio
Note: To use a bike for HIIT, start sprinting at a very low resistance. As soon as you get to a maximal RPM, increase resistance to simulate a hill. Time only starts once you increase resistance.
1000 Calorie Workout #3: Density Body Weight Circuits
Density training is a simple approach that practises progressive overload. The concept is simple: do as many reps as possible for each movement then try to improve each workout.
As far as body weight workouts go, this workout is the best method to burn a maximal amount of calories. Perform 3-4 circuits to start and increase as you progress.
Rest Periods: 30 seconds between each exercise, 3 minutes after each circuit.
- Body Weight Squats,
- Push Ups or Knee Push ups
- Walking Lunges
- Seated Tricep Dips
- Jump Squats
- Tricep Push Up
- One Leg Glute Bridge (Do both sides)
- V Crunch
- Single Leg Side Squats
1000 Calorie Workout #4: Treadmill HIIT / Jog Intervals (For Runners)
Using a treadmill is a great way to do HIIT and Low intensity exercise while exactly moderating the intensity.
Try out this session if you’re looking to work hard and burn some extra calories while also improving your running speed and fitness.
- 10 x 30 Second Sprints with 90 seconds walking rest.
- 30-40 minutes normal moderate to high intensity running.
1000 Calorie Workout 5: Lower Body Circuit & HIIT
This workout places an emphasis on working the legs, which have the largest muscle groups of the body.
By focusing on these muscles, you allow for a maximum amount of calories to be burned while also maximizing the boost in your metabolism.
Rest Periods: 30 seconds
- Body Weight Squats x 60 seconds
- Alternate Lunges x 15 each leg
- Squat Jumps x 20 reps
- Burpees x 20
- Glute Bridge x 30
- Static Lunge x 15 each leg
- Rest 3 minutes and repeat 3-4 times.
- Perform 30 minutes moderate to high intensity cardio on Bike, Stepper or Elliptical.
1000 Calorie Workout #6: Prowler or Sled and Tire Flip Complex
Use of a prowler (a sled) and a large tire is one of the absolute best ways to mix up a HIIT workout to combine fun with intensity.
I suggest using a prowler or sled first, being as explosive as possible. Then transition into tire flips for various amounts of time and distance. Like with a deadlift, you must perform the tire flips with good form focusing on a tight core and straight spine.
Rest Periods: 30 seconds
- 5 x Prowler Push for 30 yards or 20 seconds. Rest for 90 seconds.
- 5x Tire Flip x 30 yards or 6-8 flips. Rest for 90 seconds.
- 5x 60 second Intervals on the Elliptical or Rower. Rest for 90 seconds.
- 20-30 minutes High Intensity Cardio on the bike, elliptical, rower, etc.